US STOCKS-U.S. stocks rout continues for fourth straight day
* World stocks tumble towards worst week of the year
* Apple weighs the most on the Nasdaq, S&P
* Eight of the 10 major S&P sectors in the red for the year
* Deere falls after reporting drop in profit
* Indexes down: Dow 1.73 pct, S&P 1.81 pct, Nasdaq 2.19 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Aug 21 (Reuters) - The rout in U.S. stocks continued for the fourth straight day on Friday, with all three major indices down more than 1 percent, as fears of a China-led global slowdown were heightened after grim data overnight.
The Dow Jones industrial average and the S&P were poised for their sharpest weekly fall since November 2011. The Nasdaq was on track for its steepest weekly fall since August 2011. The Russell 2000 entered correction territory.
The selloff was broad based as all 10 major S&P sectors were in the red, led by the consumer discretionary sector. Eight of the 10 sectors were down more than 1 percent. Continuación...