US STOCKS-Wall Street slump pulls Dow closer to correction territory
* 73 pct Dow, 67 pct S&P stocks in correction territory
* All 10 S&P sectors down; 8 in the red for the year
* Apple weighs the most on the Nasdaq, S&P
* HP and Salesforce rise after results, top S&P gainers
* Indexes down: Dow 1.73 pct, S&P 1.72 pct, Nasdaq 1.90 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Aug 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks slumped more than 1.5 percent on Friday, with the S&P briefly falling below 2000 and the Dow about 200 points shy of moving into correction territory, as fears of a China-led global slowdown were heightened after grim data overnight.
About three-fourths of the 30 stocks on the Dow Jones industrial average and two-thirds of S&P 500 components were in correction territory, meaning their session lows were at least 10 percent below their 52-week highs.
The Russell 2000 also entered correction territory. Continuación...