CORRECTED-US STOCKS-Futures down ahead of consumer spending data
(Corrects second paragraph to say William Dudley will speak on Wednesday, not Monday)
* Futures down: Dow 85 pts, S&P 10.5 pts, Nasdaq 24.5 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Sept 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower on Monday as investors awaited consumer spending data for August amid uncertainty around the timing of an interest rate hike.
* Several Federal Reserve officials are scheduled to speak this week, including New York Fed President William Dudley on Wednesday.
* The focus will firmly be on U.S. monetary policy after strong second-quarter U.S. GDP data released on Friday sharpened the case for a 2015 hike. Fed Chair Janet Yellen has said she expects rates to be raised this year.
* Investors have been jittery trying to gauge when the Fed will raise rates amid concerns about slowing global growth.
* Data due Monday includes consumer spending data for August, which is expected to have risen 0.4 percent, compared with a 0.3 percent increase in July. The data is expected at 8:30 a.m. ET (1230 GMT).
* The week will culminate with non-farm payrolls data on Friday. Continuación...