US STOCKS-Wall St higher but market set for worst qtr since 2011
* Sept pvt sector jobs data better than expected
* Yellen scheduled to speak later in the day
* Hudson City rises as M&T deal approved
* Western Digital up after Tsinghua investment
* Indexes up: Dow 0.83 pct, S&P 1.05 pct, Nasdaq 1.35 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
Sept 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday as investors picked up beaten-down stocks, but all three major indexes were on track for their worst quarter since 2011.
For most of the third quarter, global markets were rocked by fears of slowing growth in China. Adding to the uncertainty, the U.S. Federal Reserve held off on raising interest rates at its September meeting.
Investors will be keen to put the bruising quarter behind them and look ahead to the third-quarter earnings season, which begins next week. Continuación...