US STOCKS-Wall St lower as Fed minutes awaited
* Minutes of Fed's Sept meeting due at 2 p.m. ET
* All 10 S&P sectors in the red
* Weak Germany, Japan data hits global stocks
* EMC up on report of buyout interest from Dell
* Indexes down: Dow 0.26 pct, S&P 0.29 pct, Nasdaq 0.46 pct (Updates to open)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 8 (Reuters) - Wall Street fell on Thursday morning ahead of the minutes of the Federal Reserve's September meeting that investors are counting on to provide insight into the Fed's thinking on interest rates.
A six-day rally in global stocks was checked on Thursday as weak trade from Germany and factory data out of Japan fed worries about slowing growth, a key reason the Fed did not raise interest rates in September.
U.S. stocks are likely to be on the defensive through Thursday till the Fed minutes are released said John Brady, senior vice president at R.J. O'Brien & Associates in Chicago. Continuación...