US STOCKS-Futures rise ahead of economic data, bank earnings
* Futures up: Dow 115 pts, S&P 14.75 pts, Nasdaq 35.75 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures rose on Thursday as investors await key economic data and earnings reports.
* Global stocks rebounded from two days of losses after disappointing economic data and earnings reports gave investors hope that the Federal Reserve would hold off on raising interest rates any time soon.
* U.S. stocks closed lower on Wednesday as Wal-Mart shares saw their steepest one-day decline in 25 years after issuing a weak profit forecast.
* Investors will scrutinize earnings reports over the next several weeks to gauge the impact of a slowing global economy on U.S. companies.
* S&P 500 companies are expected to report a 4.2 percent decline in third-quarter profit, the biggest in six years, according to Thomson Reuters data.
* Citigroup and Goldman Sachs report before the bell on Thursday, rounding off major bank earnings this week.
* Third-quarter results from major U.S. banks have been mixed so far, with only Wells Fargo reporting a rise in revenue and income from interest on loans. Continuación...