US STOCKS-Wall St higher as investors digest results, data
* U.S. consumer prices fall in Sept, most in 8 months
* Weekly jobless claims fall to 255,000
* Goldman down, Citi up after results
* Netflix down after weak Q3 results
* Indexes up: Dow 0.56 pct, S&P 0.63 pct, Nasdaq 0.9 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 15 (Reuters) - Wall Street was higher on Thursday, boosted by a strong recovery in financial stocks after better-than-expected results from Citigroup and largely positive U.S. economic data.
As the earnings season gathers steam, investors will be scrutinizing quarterly results and forecasts for signs of impact from a slowing global economy.
Data on Thursday showed U.S. consumer prices recorded their biggest drop in eight months in September as the cost of gasoline fell, but a steady pick-up in the prices of other goods and services suggested inflation was starting to firm. Continuación...