CORRECTED-US STOCKS-Futures edge lower after GE, Honeywell results
(Changes time in paragraph seven to "9:15 a.m. ET (1315 GMT)" from "8:00 a.m. ET (1200 GMT)")
* Futures down: Dow 35 pts, S&P 4.25 pts, Nasdaq 1.50 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 16 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures edged lower on Friday as investors digested results from industrial heavyweights General Electric and Honeywell.
* GE's shares fell 1.2 percent to $27.66, while Honeywell was unchanged at $98.50 in premarket trading.
* Global stocks advanced, taking a cue from Thursday's rally in U.S. stocks, which rose to their highest in eight weeks on strong results from Citigroup and positive data.
* The dollar rose against a basket of currencies after Thursday's data rekindled hopes that the Federal Reserve would raise interest rates this year.
* The Fed, which kept rates at near-zero levels at its September meeting, is waiting for signs of stabilizing inflation and sustained economic recovery before it pulls the trigger.
* S&P 500 companies are expected to report a 4 percent fall in third-quarter profit, the biggest decline in six years, according to Thomson Reuters data. Continuación...