US STOCKS-Futures lower as commodities slide
* Futures down: Dow 60 pts, S&P 7 pts, Nasdaq 12.5 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower on Tuesday as prices of commodities fell on rekindled worries about demand from China.
* Investors are awaiting a barrage of quarterly results and a speech by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen.
* Third-quarter company earnings are in full focus this week with Verizon, Yahoo and VMware reporting results on Tuesday.
* Investors are pricing in tepid corporate performance for the quarter and watching out for outlook commentary as the effects of global financial turbulence hits American shores.
* S&P 500 companies are expected to show a 3.9 percent fall in third-quarter profit, according to Thomson Reuters data.
* U.S. stocks closed with slight gains on Monday as tech and biotech stocks advanced ahead of a heavy week of earnings.
* Brent crude fell on Tuesday but steadied around $48 a barrel and London copper prices slipped to two-week lows straining under an economic slowdown in China. Continuación...