US STOCKS-Wall St little changed as earnings gain momentum
* IBM slumps after results, biggest drag on Dow, S&P 500
* Verizon, Travelers, United Tech up after results
* Yum Brands jumps on plans to spin off China business
* Harley Davidson down on cut to shipment forecast
* Dow up 0.15 pct, S&P up 0.2 pct, Nasdaq down 0.05 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed on Tuesday as Verizon and United Technologies rose after strong quarterly results, limiting the losses caused by IBM's disappointing results and lowered forecast.
Third-quarter company earnings are in focus this week, with investors keeping an eye on revenue growth and outlook commentary on the effects of a global economic slowdown.
S&P 500 companies are expected to show a 3.9 percent fall in third-quarter profit while revenue is expected to fall 3.8 percent, according to Thomson Reuters data. Continuación...