US STOCKS-Futures rise ahead of GM, Coca-Cola results
* Futures up: Dow 68 pts, S&P 9.5 pts, Nasdaq 20.25 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were slightly higher on Wednesday, set to reverse the small losses on Tuesday, ahead of earnings reports from heavyweights including General Motors, Boeing and Coca-Cola.
* American Express and eBay report after the close.
* Investors will be parsing the quarterly reports for clues on the measures companies are taking to increase revenue and protect profits as concerns about an economic slowdown deepen.
* S&P 500 companies are expected to report a 3.9 percent decline in third-quarter profit and a 3.8 percent fall in revenue, according to Thomson Reuters data.
* Weak European earnings and a slide in Chinese small-cap stocks weighed on global stocks.
* U.S. stocks closed slightly lower on Tuesday as losses in healthcare and biotech stocks offset gains in Verizon and United Technologies.
* Shares of Yahoo were down 1.3 percent at $32.40 premarket on Wednesday after the Internet company's quarterly earnings and profit missed expectations. Continuación...