US STOCKS-Wall St opens higher as GM, Boeing beat estimates
* GM, Boeing rise after strong results
* Biogen rises, biggest boost on S&P, Nasdaq
* Coca-Cola slips on revenue miss
* VMware, Yahoo down on poor results
* Indexes up: Dow 0.2 pct, S&P 0.14 pct, Nasdaq 0.13 pct (Updates to open)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Wednesday as investors cheered strong third-quarter results by industry heavyweights Boeing and General Motors.
Shares of General Motors rose 4 percent to $34.84, while Boeing rose 2 percent to $141.68, providing the biggest boost to the Dow.
Biogen rose 7.8 percent to $286.45 after it said it would cut 11 percent of its workforce and reported better-than-expected results. The stock gave the biggest boost to the S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite indexes. Continuación...