US STOCKS-Wall St lower ahead of Fed meeting; Apple slips
* Fed meeting, more earnings reports awaited
* Pep Boys up after agreeing to be bought by Bridgestone
* Ctrip.com up after deal with Qunar
* Apple biggest drag on indexes
* Indexes down: Dow 0.13 pct, S&P 0.35 pct, Nasdaq 0.30 pct (Updates to open)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were lower in early trading on Monday ahead of this week's Federal Reserve policy meeting and as Apple shares fell a day before it reports quarterly results.
The Fed is not seen raising rates at the two-day meeting but investors will scrutinize its statement on Wednesday for a bearing on when it will pull the trigger.
While Fed Chair Janet Yellen has said the central bank could raise rates this year, it will do so only if there are clear signs of sustained economic growth. Continuación...