US STOCKS-Wall St slightly lower as Apple, energy stocks weigh
* Fed meeting, more earnings reports awaited
* Apple biggest drag on indexes
* Exxon, Chevron fall as crude prices slip
* Pep Boys up after agreeing to be bought by Bridgestone
* Ctrip.com up after deal with Qunar
* Dow down 0.16 pct, S&P down 0.21 pct, Nasdaq up 0.09 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes were slightly lower on Monday as a fall in crude oil prices weighed on energy stocks and Apple's shares retreated a day before its quarterly results.
Investors are also awaiting the Federal Reserve's two-day policy meeting, which begins on Tuesday. While the Fed is not expected to raise rates at the meeting, its statement on Wednesday will provide clues on the timing of a rate hike. Continuación...