US STOCKS-Futures slip ahead of Fed meet; results in focus
* Futures down: Dow 19 pts, S&P 1.75 pts, Nasdaq 5 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 27 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were slightly lower ahead of the start of a Federal Reserve policy meeting and as investors digested a barrage of earnings reports.
* Global markets fell as a four-week rally in China lost steam and weak results from major companies sent European stocks sliding.
* All eyes are on Apple, which reports fourth-quarter results after the close, as investors await commentary on the iPhone maker's business in China and its forecast for the crucial holiday quarter.
* Alibaba shares rose nearly 10 percent to $83.50 in premarket trading after the e-commerce giant reported better-than-expected revenue.
* Pharmaceutical majors Pfizer and Merck were little changed after they reported results.
* Ford fell 1.5 percent, while Comcast was down 2 percent after results.
* Twitter will post results after the close. Continuación...