US STOCKS-Wall St set to open lower after mixed earnings, data
* Alibaba jumps after results
* Pharma majors Pfizer, Merck rise on strong results
* Fed meeting on interest rates begins today
* Apple, Twitter report after the close
* Futures down: Dow 48 pts, S&P 5.75 pts, Nasdaq 6.25 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 27 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks looked set to open lower on Tuesday after a barrage of mixed earnings reports and weak durable goods data.
Investors are also awaiting comments from the Federal Reserve, which begins its two-day policy meeting on Tuesday.
While expectations of a rate hike this week are low, focus will be on the Fed's interpretation of economic data and global financial events for a bearing on the timing of a liftoff. Continuación...