US STOCKS-Futures rise after Apple results; Fed statement awaited
* Futures up: Dow 25 pts, S&P 4.25 pts, Nasdaq 14.25 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Wednesday, after Apple reported strong quarterly results and ahead of a statement by the Federal Reserve on interest rates.
* Apple sold 48 million iPhones in the quarter and reported a near doubling of revenue from China, allaying some concerns about its business in the world's second-largest economy.
* Apple's shares were up nearly 2 percent at $116.64 in premarket trading.
* The Fed's statement is due at 2:00 p.m. ET (1800 GMT) after the end of its two-day policy meeting.
* While the central bank is not expected to raise rates at the meeting, traders will parse the statement for clues on how it is interpreting financial events and when it will pull the trigger.
* Global markets were up as European companies posted better-than-expected earnings reports, but gains were limited by a decline in Asian stocks weighed by the finance sector.
* U.S. stocks closed slightly lower on Tuesday after Ford's results missed expectations and energy stocks slid. Continuación...