US STOCKS-Fed statement awaited; Apple, energy stocks shine
* Fed statement scheduled for 2 p.m. ET
* Apple rises after strong results
* Energy stocks rise after crude rally
* Twitter slumps after results
* Indexes up: Dow 0.53 pct, S&P 0.65 pct, Nasdaq 0.68 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were higher on Wednesday, boosted by gains in Apple and a sharp bounce in energy stocks, ahead of the Federal Reserve's statement on interest rates.
The Fed's statement is due at 2:00 p.m. ET (1800 GMT), after its two-day policy meeting ends. The central bank hasn't hiked rates in about a decade and markets see virtually no chance it will do so at the meeting.
However, traders will scrutinize the statement for clues on when the Fed will pull the trigger. Continuación...