US STOCKS-Wall St set to open higher after Exxon, Chevron results
* Exxon, Chevron up slightly after results
* LinkedIn, Abbvie soar after results
* Keycorp down after agreeing to buy First Niagara
* Consumer spending barely rose in September
* Futures up: Dow 35 pts, S&P 4 pts, Nasdaq 9.25 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes were set to open slightly higher on Friday after better-than-expected results from energy majors Exxon and Chevron.
Low crude oil prices boosted refining margins at the companies, helping mitigate weakness in oil and gas production. Exxon's shares were up 0.6 percent, while Chevron rose 1.1 percent.
Data on Friday showed U.S. consumer spending barely rose in September, suggesting some cooling in domestic demand. Continuación...