US STOCKS-Wall St flat; indexes set for best month in 4 years
* Exxon, Chevron up slightly after results
* LinkedIn, Abbvie soar after results
* Keycorp down after agreeing to buy First Niagara
* Consumer spending barely rose in September
* Indexes up: Dow 0.03 pct, S&P 0.04 pct, Nasdaq 0.14 pct (Updates to open)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Oct 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed on Friday as investors paused on the last trading day of what could be the best month for the three major indexes in four years.
Energy majors Exxon and Chevron reported better-than- expected results, helped by strong refining margins. Exxon shares were down 1 percent, while Chevron rose 1.9 percent.
The consumer staples sector was down 0.64 percent, leading the three decliners among the 10 major S&P sectors, after data showed U.S. consumer spending barely rose in September. Continuación...