US STOCKS-Futures up slightly as factory data awaited
* Futures up: Dow 6 pts, S&P 3.5 pts, Nasdaq 0.5 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Nov 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were marginally higher on Monday as investors digested reports on factory activity from China and Germany, ahead of U.S. manufacturing data and earnings reports.
* Asian stocks declined after China's official factory data on Sunday showed activity unexpectedly shrank for a third straight month in October, though the contraction was modest. A private survey showed on Monday that the pace of decline in factory activity has slowed.
* European shares pared early losses after better-than-expected data on manufacturing activity in Germany.
* U.S. stocks closed lower on Friday after a mixed bag of quarterly results, but ended October with their strongest monthly performance in four years.
* Data on U.S. manufacturing activity is expected to show factory activity fell to 50.0 in October from 50.2 in September. The data is due at 10:00 a.m. ET (1400 GMT).
* Investors will parse the economic data and the earnings reports for a clearer picture of the state of the economy leading up to the Federal Reserve's meeting in December.
* The Fed said at its October meeting that it could still raise interest rates in December if the economy proves resilient enough to sustain higher rates. Continuación...