US STOCKS-Wall St higher after better-than-expected factory data
* US Oct factory activity slows less than expected
* Factory activity decline in China slows
* Visa drops after offering to buy Visa Europe, drags on Dow
* Dyax soars after Shire offers to buy company
* Indexes up: Dow 0.62 pct, S&P 0.72 pct, Nasdaq 0.90 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Nov 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were higher on Monday as PMI data in key countries pointed to slowing but stabilizing manufacturing activity globally, and as healthcare stocks rose to their highest in a week.
U.S. factory activity slowed in October. But, while the Institute for Supply Management's national manufacturing index slipped to 50.1, it was ahead of the expected reading of 50.0.
China's official factory data on Sunday showed activity unexpectedly shrank again in October, but a private survey showed on Monday that the pace of decline has slowed. Continuación...