US STOCKS-Indexes set to open higher as Dec rate hike back on cards
* Facebook set to hit record high after results
* HomeAway surges after Expedia's buyout offer
* Qualcomm, Whole Foods down after weak results
* Jobless claims last week increased most in 8 months
* Futures up: Dow 53 pts, S&P 6.5 pts, Nasdaq 10.75 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Nov 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes were set for a higher open on Thursday, a day after Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen indicated that an interest rate hike in December was a "live possibility".
Wall Street closed lower on Wednesday, retracing recent gains along with energy shares, while Yellen's comments added to investor caution.
Stocks have rallied since the Fed signaled last week that a December rate hike was still on the table, yet the ongoing debate over when the central bank will end an era of near-zero interest rates has added to investor uncertainty. Continuación...