US STOCKS-Wall St dragged down by retail, technology stocks
* Cisco's forecast drags on tech stocks
* Dept. store chains' weak outlook hits retailers
* Oct. retail sales up less than expected
* Mylan up after Perrigo bid fails
* Indexes down: Dow 0.88 pct, S&P 0.77 pct, Nasdaq 1.02 pct (Adds details, updates prices)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Nov 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes fell sharply on Friday, weighed down by consumer retail and technology stocks after disappointing forecasts from Cisco and department store chains for the key holiday shopping season.
The Dow and the Nasdaq were off nearly 1 percent, while the S&P 500's decline was curtailed as the index held steady near its 100-day moving average.
Dow component Cisco fell 6 percent to $26.17 after it gave a weak forecast, citing a slowdown in order growth and weak spending outside the United States. The stock was the second-biggest drag on the S&P and the Nasdaq. Continuación...