US STOCKS-Wall St higher after retail earnings
* Wal-Mart, Home Depot rise after results
* U.S. consumer prices up 0.2 pct in Oct
* Urban Outfitters, Dick's Sporting sink on weak results
* Dietary supplement makers fall after DoJ actions
* Indexes up: Dow 0.28 pct, S&P 0.21 pct, Nasdaq 0.38 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Nov 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as better-than-expected earnings from Wal-Mart and Home Depot allayed some concerns about consumer spending ahead of the holiday shopping season.
Wal-Mart, up 4.5 percent at $60.50, and Home Depot , 3.8 percent higher at $125.48, provided the biggest boost to the Dow and the S&P.
Positive results from the big-box retailers lifted the S&P 500 retail index by 1.35 pct. Continuación...