US STOCKS-Futures rise after Fed minutes soothe investor nerves
* Futures up: Dow 31 pts, S&P 6.5 pts, Nasdaq 15 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Nov 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Thursday, a day after minutes from the Federal Reserve's October meeting flagged a December interest rate hike and pointed to a cautious approach after that.
* Risk appetite rose across the world, sending stocks and commodities higher.
* The minutes showed that central bankers are grappling with longer-term issues that may be relevant to the pace of subsequent rate hikes
* U.S. interest rates futures implied a 72 percent chance of a liftoff next month, up from 64 percent on Tuesday.
* Jobless data for last week, due at 8:30 a.m. ET (1330 GMT), is expected to show a fall in claims to 271,000 from 276,000.
* Best Buy's shares were down 8 percent to $28.82 in premarket trading, while J M Smucker was untraded after both reported results.
* Dow component UnitedHealth's shares were down 3.8 percent to $112.80 in premarket trading after the health insurer cut its full-year profit forecast. Peers Humana fell 1.2 percent, while Cigna was down half a percent. Continuación...