US STOCKS-S&P set for best week in a year; consumer stocks rise
* Allergan up; unlikely to be hit by tax inversion rule
* Nike jumps on buyback; boosts Dow
* Alphabet gives biggest boost to S&P, Nasdaq
* Abercrombie & Fitch surges after results
* Indexes up: Dow 0.62 pct, S&P 0.49 pct, Nasdaq 0.60 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Nov 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to their gains in early afternoon trading on Friday, with the S&P 500 on track for its best week since last October, as healthcare and consumer stocks rose.
The Dow Jones industrial average turned positive for the year, led by a 4.8 percent rise in Nike which announced a $12 billion share buyback and a 2-for-1 share split.
The stock also sent the consumer discretionary sector up nearly 1 percent, making it the top gainer among the 10 major S&P sectors. Continuación...