US STOCKS-Indexes recover in cautious trade amid global tensions
* Travel, leisure stocks fall after Turkey downs Russian jet
* Energy stocks rise with crude oil prices
* U.S. Q3 GDP growth revised to 2.1 pct from 1.5 pct
* Consumer sentiment weakest since September 2014
* Dow up 0.16 pct, S&P up 0.07 pct, Nasdaq down 0.19 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Nov 24 (Reuters) - U.S. shares had recovered most of their morning losses by early afternoon on Tuesday but investors remained cautious after Turkey shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border.
Oil prices were up more than 2 percent on the prospect of more chaos in the Middle East. Gold and U.S. Treasuries, traditional safe-haven assets, also rose.
"Markets tend to overreact on these types of geopolitical events and they don't have much of a fundamental impact on markets," said David Schiegoleit, senior portfolio manager at U.S. Bank Private Client Reserve in Los Angeles. Continuación...