US STOCKS-Futures higher ahead of spate of U.S. economic data
* Futures up: Dow 43 pts, S&P 4.5 pts, Nasdaq 9.75 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Nov 25 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were slightly higher on Wednesday ahead of a flurry of data that could help sway the Federal Reserve's decision on whether to raise interest rates next month.
* Worries about the shooting down of a Russian warplane by Turkey, which weighed on stocks on Tuesday, seem to have abated, with traders looking forward to Thursday's Thanksgiving holiday.
* Global stocks rose, as did the dollar, after Reuters reported that European Central Bank officials are considering further monetary policy easing.
* U.S. indexes closed higher on Tuesday, after a weaker start, as energy stocks rose along with crude oil.
* Crude oil resumed its slide on Wednesday as investors turned their focus back to a global supply glut.
* Investors, and the Fed, will get further insight into the state of the U.S. economy at 8.30 a.m. ET (1330 GMT) when data on weekly jobless claims, durable goods orders for October and consumer spending for the same month are released.
* The University of Michigan's final index on consumer sentiment for November is due at 10.00 a.m., as is a report on single-family home sales for October. Continuación...