PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - Nov 26
Nov 26 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories on The New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- The decline in impact of the day after Thanksgiving suggests a shift in the way consumers spend. They're going online more, and buying furnishings instead of sweaters. (nyti.ms/1PQ47KP)
- Volkswagen AG must recall more than 125,000 cars and pay $12.3 million in fines after South Korea's investigation found that the carmaker illegally manipulated an emissions device. (nyti.ms/1PQ4hSg)
- A broad investigation into corruption at Petrobras , Brazil's state-owned oil company, widened with the arrests of a sitting senator and one of the country's top finance executives. (nyti.ms/1PQ4lSb)
- A House report called the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau's methodology for determining discriminatory auto lending practices "junk science." (nyti.ms/1PQ4llf)
- Verizon Communications Inc is introducing a television ad encouraging people to enjoy family and friends rather than their small screens. (nyti.ms/1PQ4nJL) (Compiled by Ismail Shakil in Bengaluru)
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.