US STOCKS-Futures lower after weak China economic data
* Futures down: Dow 152 pts, S&P 19 pts, Nasdaq 44 pts
By Tanya Agrawal
Dec 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower on Tuesday as oil prices steadied but remained close to their 7-year low and weak trade data out of China reignited fears of a global economic slowdown.
* Data showed China's imports fell for the 13th consecutive month with an 8.7 percent decline in November compared with a year earlier.
* Crude prices steadied but global oversupply, compounded by the OPEC's decision to keep output high, led analysts to predict further weakness.
* The weak China data comes just ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve's meeting on Dec. 15-16, when the central bank is expected to raise interest rates for the first time since June 2006.
* Still, federal funds futures contracts imply an 80 percent chance that the Fed will end seven years of near-zero interest rates.
* U.S. stocks fell on Monday, led by the S&P energy index's biggest one-day percentage drop since late August.
* Chipotle Mexican Grill shares fell 5.6 percent to $521 in premarket trading after 30 Boston College students fell ill after eating at the company's restaurant over the weekend. Continuación...