US STOCKS-Wall Street pares gains as oil prices fall
* Oil prices continue to hover near 7-year lows
* Weekly jobless claims rise to five-month high
* Twitter up on new advertising feature
* Men's Wearhouse slumps on forecast warning
* Indexes up: Dow 0.34 pct, S&P 0.23 pct, Nasdaq 0.31 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Tanya Agrawal
Dec 10 (Reuters) - Wall Street pared some of its gains as oil prices fell on Thursday, but remained in positive territory as investors scoured for bargains ahead of a widely expected U.S. interest rate hike next week.
Major U.S. stock indexes have had a bruising week as a rout in oil prices took a toll on the energy sector.
Brent futures are down more than 11 percent this month and, having dipped below $40 per barrel, there are renewed expectations it might test 2008's low. Continuación...