US STOCKS-Wall Street little changed as crude steadies
* Crude prices near 11-year lows
* DuPont, Dow Chemical fall after deal to merge
* Trina Solar surges after go-private proposal
* Apple, GoPro fall after price target cuts
* Dow up 0.16 pct, S&P down 0.02 pct, Nasdaq down 0.24 pct (Adds details)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Dec 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed in volatile trading on Monday, two days ahead of an expected interest rate hike, as oil prices steadied after falling to within touching distance of 11-year lows.
The S&P energy sector reversed course and was up 0.44 percent, even as crude stayed firmly below $40 a barrel, amid mounting fears of a worsening supply glut.
The meltdown in the energy sector has hit the U.S. high-yield energy bonds, while the overall cash market weakened slightly on more fund liquidations. Continuación...