UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec 15
(Updates futures and UBM, adds company news events)
Dec 15 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures were up 0.94 percent by 0750 GMT ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index was down 1.3 percent at 5,874.06 at its close, its eight straight session of losses, pulled lower by a drop in oil and mining shares as commodity prices continued to fall.
* STANDARD CHARTERED: Standard Chartered has axed at least half a dozen oil and gas advisory banking roles in recent weeks, ending an eight-year attempt to build a global energy M&A team, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* RBS: Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc has been approached by bidders for Williams & Glyn and is weighing the option of selling the consumer business instead of holding an initial public offering next year, according to two people with knowledge of the plans, Bloomberg reported on Monday. (bloom.bg/1Z83XjR)
* RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto locked in $4.4 billion in financing to fund a massive expansion of a copper mine in Mongolia and a final decision whether to proceed with construction will be made in the first half of 2016.
* AGGREKO: Temporary power supplier Aggreko pulled out of a tender to provide generators to the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro next year, the spokesman for Rio 2016 told Reuters, dealing a major blow to organizers rushing to secure an energy source for the world's largest sporting event.
* AVEVA: British data engineering and design firm Aveva said it terminated a deal with France's Schneider Electric about a combination of its own business with the latter's software operations. Continuación...