UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec 16
(Updates futures, adds and updates company news items)
Dec 16 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 22 points, or 0.4 percent higher on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.11 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index was up 2.5 percent at 6,017.79 points at its close, after eight straight sessions of falls, with supermarkets, commodity stocks and firms with South African exposure among the companies rebounding from recent weakness.
* ROLLS-ROYCE: Rolls-Royce, the British engineering company which has issued four profit warnings in just over a year, said it was scrapping a layer of senior management in the first move by new boss Warren East to turn the business around.
* SUPERGROUP: SuperGroup, the owner of British fashion brand SuperDry, reported a 54 percent rise in first-half profit on Wednesday on what it termed strong trading in its stores and online, and said it was well-placed for Christmas.
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND: Royal Bank of Scotland said on Wednesday it would begin a dual-track trade sale process of its William & Glyn banking business in the first half of 2016, after attracting informal interest from buyers.
* DIXONS CARPHONE: Dixons Carphone DC.L, Britain's largest electricals and mobile phone retailer, beat forecasts with a 23 percent rise in first half profit, helped by a strong performance in its home market where it outperformed rivals.
* ALLIANCE TRUST: Alliance Trust Plc said on Wednesday it was exiting fixed income markets and had sold commercial property as part of an overhaul to the company instigated by activist investor Elliott. Continuación...