US STOCKS-Wall St opens higher ahead of Fed rate decision
* Fed announcement expected at 2 p.m. ET (1900 GMT)
* Yellen speaks half an hour later
* Traders see a more than 80 pct chance of hike on Wednesday
* Disney rises as newest installment of "Star Wars" hit screens
* Indexes up: Dow 0.93 pct, S&P 0.80 pct, Nasdaq 0.81 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
Dec 16 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened sharply higher on Wednesday ahead of a widely anticipated interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve later in the day.
The Fed will announce the outcome of its policy meeting at 2 p.m. ET (1900 GMT), followed by a press conference by Chair Janet Yellen at 2:30 p.m. ET.
An increase in the Fed's benchmark rate, from near zero, would be the first since June 29, 2006. Continuación...