UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec 22
(Adds futures, updates oil, copper prices)
Dec 22 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 26 points, or 0.4 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.54 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.3 percent lower on Monday at 6,034.84, as losses in Spain and a rise in the euro weighed on European stock markets.
* BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton has not received formal notification that its assets in Brazil have been frozen, the company said.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE: An independent nonprofit organization that evaluates clinical and cost effectiveness of new medicines found the price of GlaxoSmithKline's new drug for severe asthma should be as much as 76 percent lower to justify its value, according to the group's latest draft report.
* RBS: A bond trader pleaded guilty on Monday to conspiring to defraud Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc customers by misrepresenting the prices of bond transactions he and others handled for them in an effort to boost the bank's profit.
* SHELL/BG DEAL: Court approval to publish scheme document and to convene shareholder meetings to approve the merger of Royal Dutch Shell with BG Group is expected on Tuesday.
* MELROSE: European Union antitrust regulators on Monday approved Honeywell International Inc's $5.1 billion purchase of Elster Group, the utility consumption metering business of Britain's Melrose Industries Plc, subject to conditions. Continuación...