UPDATE 3-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Wednesday Dec 23
(Updates futures, adds Three-month copper price)
Dec 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening higher 51 points, or 0.8 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.9 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index rose 0.8 percent to close at 6,083.10 on Tuesday, led by gains in oil stocks such as BP and Royal Dutch Shell as oil prices edged away from multi-year lows.
* GAME DIGITAL: Video games retailer Game Digital Plc warned on first-half profit, citing challenging trading conditions and disappointing sales since the start of school Christmas holidays.
* SHIRE/BAXALTA: Drug maker Shire has made a new acquisition offer for peer Baxalta International that is roughly in line with the latter's valuation expectations, making a deal in the coming weeks likely, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* SHELL/BG: Shell's proposed $53 billion takeover of rival BG Group will work even if future oil prices are in the low $60s a barrel, it said on Tuesday in announcing another $5 billion cut in spending next year to weather low oil prices.
* ASTRAZENECA: U.S. health regulators approved AstraZeneca's drug Zurampic to treat a condition associated with gout.
* PEARSON: Education publisher has abandoned plans to buy the company which runs British citizenship tests after failing to agree on a compromise with the Competition and Markets Authority, Sky News reported on Tuesday. (bit.ly/1ZnY4PA) Continuación...