US STOCKS-Futures little changed on Christmas eve
* Futures: Dow up 1 pts, S&P down 1.5 pts, Nasdaq down 0.5 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar and Ankur Banerjee
Dec 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks index futures were little changed on Thursday, ahead of a shortened trading session on Christmas eve.
* Stock markets will shut at 1:00 p.m ET (1800 GMT) and remain closed for Christmas on Friday. Trading volumes is expected to be light on Thursday.
* U.S. crude prices were up for the fourth straight day, but Brent slid marginally.
* European stocks followed a rally on Asian bourses on Thursday, driven by gains in oil.
* Wall Street closed higher on Wednesday for the third straight session this week. The S&P 500 finished 1.24 percent higher, bringing its gain this week to almost 3 percent after a tepid start in December.
* Weekly jobless claims are expected to have slipped to 270,000, staying below 300,000 for 42 weeks in a row. The data is scheduled for release at 8:30 a.m. ET.
* Freeport-McMoRan shares were up 1.3 percent at $7.55 in premarket trading after Reuters reported that the miner is planning to auction its oil and gas assets early next year. Continuación...