US STOCKS-Futures slip ahead of last trading week of year
* Futures down: Dow 88 pts, S&P 9.25 pts, Nasdaq 16.25 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Dec 28 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were lower in thin volumes on Monday, ahead of the final trading week of the year.
* Crude prices slumped and were hovering near multi-year lows, pressured by a global glut. Exxon's shares were down 0.7 percent at $78.80 in premarket trading.
* Global stocks ticked lower over fresh worries about Chinese growth after data showed profits at industrial companies in the world's second-largest economy fell in November for the sixth month in a row.
* Trading volumes are expected to remain subdued through the week.
* The S&P 500 is on track to end the year in the black, rising a marginal 0.1 percent so far in 2015, while the Nasdaq Composite is up 6.6 percent. The Dow Jones industrial average is down 1.5 percent.
* Wall Street closed slightly lower on Thursday, dragged down by energy stocks.
* Weight Watchers was up 2.2 percent at $18.39, while Fitbit was up 2 percent at $29.50. Continuación...