US STOCKS-Retreating crude, Apple drag Wall St lower
* Exxon, Chevron slide as crude gives up gains
* Apple drag on all three indexes
* Pep Boys down; Bridgestone pulls out, Icahn agrees to buy
* S&P 500 holds on to meager gains for year
* Indexes down: Dow 0.29 pct, S&P 0.35 pct, Nasdaq 0.37 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Dec 30 (Reuters) - Wall Street was lower on Wednesday as Brent crude slid back towards the 11-year low it hit last week and Apple weighed on all three major indexes.
Crude oil gave up its gains from Tuesday after forecasts of a short winter in North America and Europe piled pressure on the oversupplied commodity.
The S&P 500 energy sector was the most declined among the 10 major sectors, with a 1.03 percent fall. Shares of Exxon were down 0.8 percent at $78.56, while Chevron was down 1.2 percent at $90.11. Continuación...