UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 8
(Adds futures, company news items)
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 1 point, or 0.01 percent on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.56 percent ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The commodity-heavy FTSE 100 hit a three-week low and closed down 119.30 points, or 2 percent at 5,954.08 on Thursday, to wipe 33 billion pounds off the index's market capitalisation, after China allowed its currency to weaken faster than before, rocking global markets and sending commodity shares to their lowest levels for about a decade.
* STANDARD CHARTERED: Standard Chartered Plc said Deputy Chief Executive Mike Reese will step down from his role on April 30 and leave by year end, the latest veteran to leave the emerging markets-focused bank.
* MARKS & SPENCER CEO: Marc Bolland will step down as the boss of retailer Marks & Spencer in April, bringing an end to a turbulent tenure in which he modernised the 132-year-old British institution but failed to bring its clothing back into fashion. Bolland, who has been chief executive for six years, will be succeeded by company veteran Steve Rowe in arguably the most prestigious - and high-profile - job in British retail.
* SHELL-BG DEAL: Royal Dutch Shell has told investors its purchase of BG Group Plc can work even if oil prices average $50 a barrel for two years, its lowest estimate to date as it seeks to secure shareholder support for the $51 billion deal amid plunging crude markets.
* BHP BILLITON: Much less sludge was spilled than first estimated from a dam burst at a Brazilian iron ore mine last November which killed 17 people, co-owner BHP Billiton said on Friday.
* PAYSAFE: Mobile payments company Paysafe Group Plc said it expects full-year revenue and adjusted core earnings to be ahead of market expectations, helped by strong growth across its product lines, particularly in its North American processing business. Continuación...