US STOCKS-Wall St set to open higher after robust jobs report
* December nonfarm payrolls 292,000 vs 200,000 est
* Unemployment rate holds steady at 5 pct
* October and November payrolls revised sharply higher
* Chinese stocks close higher; yuan firmer
* Futures up: Dow 189 pts, S&P 24 pts, Nasdaq 59 pts (Adds details, comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Wall Street was set to open higher on Friday as Chinese stocks recovered, oil prices clawed back and data showed robust job growth in the United States.
Nonfarm payrolls surged by 292,000 in December, and unemployment rate held steady at 5 percent. October and November payrolls were revised to show 50,000 more jobs created than previously reported, according to the report.
The upbeat report suggests that a recent manufacturing-led slowdown in economic growth would be temporary. Continuación...