US STOCKS-Wall St opens higher after robust jobs report
* December nonfarm payrolls 292,000 vs 200,000 est
* Unemployment rate holds steady at 5 pct
* October and November payrolls revised sharply higher
* Chinese stocks close higher; yuan firmer
* Indexes up: Dow 0.47 pct, S&P 0.61 pct, Nasdaq 0.94 pct (Updates to open)
By Tanya Agrawal
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened higher on Friday as Chinese stocks recovered, oil prices clawed back and data showed robust job growth in the United States.
Nonfarm payrolls surged in December and unemployment rate held steady at 5 percent. October and November payrolls were revised to show 50,000 more jobs created than previously reported, according to the report.
The upbeat suggested that a recent manufacturing-led slowdown in economic growth would be temporary. Continuación...