US STOCKS-Wall St higher after jobs data; oil limits gains
* Dec nonfarm payrolls 292,000 vs est 200,000
* Unemployment rate holds steady at 5 pct
* Oil prices near 11-1/2-year lows
* Chinese stocks close higher; yuan firmer
* Indexes up: Dow 0.30 pct, S&P 0.37 pct, Nasdaq 0.68 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Wall Street was higher as market tumult in China eased and data showed robust U.S. job growth, but indexes pared some of their early gains after oil prices lurched toward 11-1/2-year lows.
Oil erased earlier gains, pressured by persistent global oversupply and a bleak demand outlook. They have lost about 70 percent since mid-2014.
Exxon and Chevron fell about 1.5 percent weighing the most on the Dow and S&P. Continuación...