US STOCKS-Wall St turns negative as oil resumes downward spiral
* Dec nonfarm payrolls 292,000 vs est 200,000
* Unemployment rate holds steady at 5 pct
* Oil prices dip below $33/barrel
* Chinese stocks close higher; yuan firmer
* Indexes down: Dow 0.27 pct, S&P 0.28 pct, Nasdaq 0.28 pct (Adds details, updates prices)
By Tanya Agrawal
Jan 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks pared gains and turned negative on Friday, weighed down by energy stocks as oil prices dipped below $33 a barrel -their lowest in more than a decade.
Oil erased earlier gains, pressured by persistent global oversupply and a bleak demand outlook. They have lost about 70 percent since mid-2014.
Exxon and Chevron fell about 1.5 percent weighing the most on the Dow and S&P 500. Continuación...