US STOCKS-Futures rise on China trade data surprise
* Futures up: Dow 88 pts, S&P 11.5 pts, Nasdaq 30.75 pts
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Jan 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were higher on Wednesday after positive trade data out of China boost investor sentiment and helped crude oil stage a modest recovery.
* China exports fell just 1.4 percent in December, much less than the expected 8 percent drop, allaying some concerns about the health of the world's second biggest economy.
* Global stocks rose. Crude prices were up for the first time in eight days, also helped by a surprise decline in U.S. inventories.
* Oil fell briefly below the widely watched $30-per-barrel level on Tuesday.
* U.S. stocks closed higher on Tuesday as a late afternoon reversal in energy and biotechs helped the Nasdaq snap an eight-day losing streak.
* Shares of Ford were down 2.9 percent at $12.48 premarket after the automaker's profit forecast missed estimates.
* Yum Brands was up 2.1 percent at $71 after it said China same-store sales grew 1 percent in December. Continuación...