US STOCKS-Futures little changed; JPMorgan up after results
* Futures down: Dow 8 pts, S&P 0.50 pts, Nasdaq 7.50 pts
By Ankur Banerjee
Jan 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Thursday, after a sharp fall the day before, as JPMorgan kicked off earnings for big banks with better-than-expected results.
* Global shares fell as Brent crude hovered near 12-year lows on the looming prospect of higher supplies from Iran.
* U.S. stocks sank on Wednesday, pushing the S&P 500 to close below 1,900 for the first time since September, on worries about weak energy prices, corporate earnings and the global economy.
* JPMorgan shares were up 1.6 percent premarket at $58.25 after the bank's fourth-quarter profit topped estimates as it kept a tight lid on expenses.
* Citigroup and Wells Fargo are slated to report earnings on Friday. Both stocks rose less than 1 percent.
* Intel is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results after close on Thursday.
* Profit at S&P 500 companies are expected to fall 4.7 percent in the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters data. Continuación...