US STOCKS-Wall Street sinks with oil; Nasdaq at lowest since August
* S&P 500, Dow hit lowest since Sept. 29
* Energy stocks hit as oil drops 5 pct
* All 30 Dow stocks in the red
* Intel down on growth worries
* Indexes down: Dow 2.18 pct, S&P 2 pct, Nasdaq 2.47 pct (Adds details, updates prices)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Jan 15 (Reuters) - Wall Street sank on Friday morning, with the Nasdaq hitting its lowest since Aug. 24 and the Dow briefly dropping below 16,000, as oil prices dived to less than $30 per barrel.
The S&P 500 and the Dow hit their lowest since Sept. 29 amid a broad selloff. All 10 major S&P sectors in the red and all 30 Dow components lower. The beaten-down energy sector's 3.21 percent slide led the declines.
Brent crude prices, which have fallen 20 percent this year, were down nearly 5 percent as the market braced for oil from Iran to flood an already oversupplied market. Continuación...