US STOCKS-Wall Street slumps; S&P hits lowest since Aug. 24
* S&P 500, Dow hit lowest since Aug. 24
* Energy stocks lead drop as oil falls 5 pct
* All 30 Dow stocks in the red
* Intel down on growth worries, hits chip stocks
* Indexes down: Dow 2.55 pct, S&P 2.57 pct, Nasdaq 3.34 pct (Adds details, updates prices)
By Abhiram Nandakumar
Jan 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks sank in volatile trading on Friday, with the S&P 500 hitting its lowest since Aug. 24 and the Dow dropping more than 400 points, as oil prices dived below $30 per barrel.
All 10 major S&P sectors in the red and all 30 Dow components lower. The Russell 2000 small-cap index fell as much as 3.1 percent to its lowest since July 2013.
The beaten-down energy sector's 3.36 percent slide led the declines, as oil prices fell 5 percent. The technology sector was down 3.44 percent, as Intel's weak report weighed heavily on chip stocks. Continuación...